1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find and Connect resources
Publications Details Resource Section
- Australian Capital Territory: Provisions of the legislations
- To remove and protect: laws that changed Aboriginal lives
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, 2009
This section of the AIATSIS website is a part of the online exhibition, 'To remove and protect: laws that changed Aboriginal lives.' This section contains brief summaries of the key provisions of the various Australian Capital Territory legislations included in the online exhibition.
- Aborigines Welfare Ordinance 1954 (Cth), Commonwealth of Australia (1954 - 1965)
- Adoption Act 1993, Austrailan Capital Territory (1993 - )
- Adoption of Children Ordinance 1938 (Cth), Commonwealth of Australia
- Adoption of Children Ordinance 1965 (Cth), Commonwealth of Australia (1965 - 1993)
- Child Welfare Agreement Ordinance 1941 (Cth), Commonwealth of Australia (1941 - 1986)
- Child Welfare Ordinance 1957 (Cth), Commonwealth of Australia (1957 - 1986)
- Children's Services Ordinance 1986, Commonwealth of Australia (1986 - 1999)
- Infants' Custody and Settlement Ordinance 1956, Commonwealth of Australia (1956 - 1995)
- Juvenile Offenders Ordinance 1941, Commonwealth of Australia (1941 - 1957)
- Neglected Children and Juvenile Offenders Ordinance 1949, Commonwealth of Australia (1949 - 1957)