In October 1909 the "Rowallan" property at 84 Kedron Park Road, Wooloowin, vacated by the Boys' Home, Wooloowin in 1906, was purchased by the State Government from Dr Joseph Smith Clowes of Albion, as the new site for the Diamantina Receiving Depot and Infants' Home.
The Diamantina home moved from Sandgate to the new premises at Wooloowin in January 1910. There is no description of the building when it was occupied by the Boys' Home. At the time of purchase by the Government it was described as a large house with 14 rooms on 4 acres 30 perches. The name of the facility was changed to Warilda in 1964 and the original building existed until the mid 1960s.
03 December 2014
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/qld/QE00193
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License