McAuley House was established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1942. It was a hostel for around 15 young women. The hostel was closed and the property sold in 1965.
McAuley House was established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1942 (Catherine McAuley founded the Order in Ireland in 1831).
The Sisters saw the need for an institution for former residents of their orphanages to live when working in Melbourne. McAuley House had accommodation for 15 young women.
The hostel was closed and the property sold in 1965.
19 February 2014
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/vic/E000582
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Creative Commons Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Attribution - NonCommercial - ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License