Burnbrae Presbyterian Children's Home was established by the Presbyterian Children's Homes Committee (later, Council) on a rural property in Byford.
In 1953, Burnbrae was described as being able to accommodate up to 52 children, including boys up to 10 years of age (older girls stayed at Burnbrae; it is possible that boys older than 10 were sent to Benmore in Caversham). Children went to the Burnbrae Primary School, Armadale High School and Perth College.
By December 1956, children and young people were transferred to Benmore, and Burnbrae closed.
26 August 2015
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/wa/WE00040
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License