1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find & Connect resources
Publications Details Resource Section
- Archives in Brief 91: 20th century child and youth migration
- Archives in Brief
- Description of Work
- This Archives in Brief provides a brief overview of the major sources held by State Records that relate to child and youth migration.
- Type of Work
- State Records Authority of New South Wales, 2003
- Card Indexes (1919 - 1949)
- Depots, homes and hostel files (1971 - 1973)
- Dreadnought contribution register (1922 - 1924)
- Files concerning the arrival of immigrant children sponsored by the Big Brother Scheme (1965 - 1973)
- Immigrant children's files (1947 - 1976)
- Immigrants children's index, n.d.
- Immigration files (1946 - 1974)
- Immigration nomination (Minor 'E') files (1962 - 1972)
- Index to Schools and related records (1876 - 1979)
- Miscellaneous correspondence files relating to immigrant children (1971 - 1974)
- Photographs of Scheyville Training Farm (c. 1926 - 1946)
- Registers of the arrival and discharge of immigrant children (1953 - 1964)
- Returns of employment changes made by young persons sponsored by the Fairbridge Farm Scheme (1968 - 1969)