1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Look for Similar
Other Find & Connect resources
Legislation Aborigines Protection (Amendment) Act 1963
State of New South Wales
Repeals provisions allowing a magistrate to send 'mixed blood' Aboriginal people to a place controlled by the Board; and those which made it an offence to take an adult Aboriginal person away from New South Wales and for non-Aboriginal and Aboriginal people to live together. Repealed by the Aborigines Act 1969.
1963 Aborigines Protection (Amendment) Act 1963
1969 Aborigines Act 1969
- Aborigines Protection (Amendment) Act 1963 (NSW), 1963. Details
- To Remove and Protect, New South Wales: Legislation, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/NSW/legislation.html. Details
- History of the Children's Court [extracted from Blackmore, R., The Children's Court and Community Welfare in NSW, Lawlink NSW, 2009, http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/childrens_court/ll_cc.nsf/pages/CC_aboutushistoryofthechildrenscourtchildpage. Details
- Stolen Generations' Testimonies, Stolen Generations' Testimonies Foundation, 2012, http://stolengenerationstestimonies.com/index.php. Details
- Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/DOCSWR/_assets/main/documents/connectkin_guide.pdf. Details
- Aborigines Protection (Amendment) Act 1963
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS)
Prepared by: Bruce A Smith
Created: 21 February 2011, Last modified: 21 December 2012