1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Look for Similar
Other Find & Connect resources
Legislation Aborigines Act 1969
State of New South Wales
Abolition of Aborigines Welfare Board. Aboriginal children under the care of the Aborigines Welfare Board to become wards of the State. Aboriginal children's institutions deemed to be depots under child welfare legislation. Establishment of Aboriginal Welfare Services in the Department of Child Welfare and Social Welfare. The Directorate of Aboriginal Welfare and the Aborigines Advisory Council are established.
1915 Aborigines Protection Amending Act 1915
1936 Aborigines Protection (Amendment) Act 1936
1940 Aborigines Protection (Amendment) Act 1940
1943 Aborigines Protection (Amendment) Act 1943
1963 Aborigines Protection (Amendment) Act 1963
1969 Aborigines Act 1969
- Department of Child Welfare and Social Welfare, Report of the Minister for Social Welfare on the working of the Aborigines Act, 1969., Government Printer, Sydney, 1970. Details
- Aborigines Act 1969 (NSW), 1969. Details
- To Remove and Protect, New South Wales: Legislation, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/NSW/legislation.html. Details
- Stolen Generations' Testimonies, Stolen Generations' Testimonies Foundation, 2012, http://stolengenerationstestimonies.com/index.php. Details
- Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/DOCSWR/_assets/main/documents/connectkin_guide.pdf. Details
- Aborigines Act 1969
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS)
Prepared by: Bruce A Smith
Created: 21 February 2011, Last modified: 21 December 2012