1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find & Connect resources
Organisation Sisters of the Good Shepherd (1863 - )
- Care Provider, Catholic and Religious Order
On 24 June 1863 the first four Good Shepherd Sisters landed in Melbourne, having travelled from Angers in France at the request of Bishop James Goold of Melbourne. From there, foundations began in New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, and Queensland. The Sisters of the Good Shepherd ran the Home of the Good Shepherd in Ashfield.
The Sisters of the Good Shepherd are now based in Victoria and their records are held in Abbotsford.
Please note, an earlier Australian order of Good Shepherd Sisters changed their name to the Sisters of the Good Samaritan in 1866.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand Provincialate, PO Box 182
Abbotsford Vic 3067
Telephone: 61 3 9270 9700
- 1913 - 1969
- Sisters of the Good Shepherd operated the Home of the Good Shepherd in Ashfield. Location: Ashfield
Holds archival records
Manages Records of
Provided 'care' at
- Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/DOCSWR/_assets/main/documents/connectkin_guide.pdf. Details
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 8 March 2011, Last modified: 13 March 2013