1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find & Connect resources
Organisation Sisters of Mercy, Parramatta Congregation (1888 - )
- Care Provider, Catholic and Religious Order
- Alternative Names
- Mercy Sisters
- Parramatta Sisters of Mercy
The Sisters of Mercy Parramatta are an order of nuns who take inspiration from Sister Catherine McAuley.
The Parramatta Congregation was responsible for the administration of St Brigid's Girls' Home, Ryde, 1898-1978 and St Michael's Home, Baulkham Hills, 1902-83.
The Sisters of Mercy ran St Michael's Family Centre, on the site of the old children's home. In 2012 they announced plans for its closure.
Provided 'care' at
- Institute of Sisters of Mercy in Australia and Papua New Guinea: History, Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, http://www.mercy.org.au/history/. Details
- 'Sisters of Mercy to close Baulkham Hills centre', Parramatta Sun, 2 August 2012, http://www.parramattasun.com.au/news/local/news/general/sisters-of-mercy-to-close-baulkham-hills-centre/2642689.aspx. Details
- Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/DOCSWR/_assets/main/documents/connectkin_guide.pdf. Details
Sources used to compile this entry: Institute of Sisters of Mercy in Australia and Papua New Guinea: History, Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, http://www.mercy.org.au/history/.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 8 March 2011, Last modified: 11 October 2012