1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find & Connect resources
Organisation Fairbridge Foundation (c. 1973 - )
- c. 1973
- Non-denominational and Records Service
- Alternative Names
The Fairbridge Foundation administers the money derived from the 1973 sale of the Fairbridge Farm at Molong. It replaced the original Fairbridge Society, which was the administrative arm of Fairbridge in New South Wales and was headquartered in Sydney.
The Fairbridge Foundation has the responsibility of distributing its revenues, as donations, to charitable institutions in NSW which care for the well-being of underprivileged children. The Foundation also has responsibility for the custody of the personal files of the children who passed through the Fairbridge Farm School at Molong.
155 King Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: 02 92323258
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fairbridge Foundation created
Manages Records of
- Hill, David, The Forgotten Children: Fairbridge Farm School and its betrayal of Australia's child migrants, Random House, North Sydney, 2007, 338 pp. Details
- Humphreys, Margaret, Empty Cradles, Doubleday, London; Sydney, 2010, 331 pp. Details
- 'The Forgotten Australians - Fairbridge Farm School, Molong', in Migration Heritage Centre New South Wales, Migration Heritage Centre New South Wales, NSW Government, 2010, http://www.migrationheritage.nsw.gov.au/exhibition/fairbridge/fairbridge-transcripts/. Details
- Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/DOCSWR/_assets/main/documents/connectkin_guide.pdf. Details
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 21 March 2011, Last modified: 6 March 2013