1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find & Connect resources
Archival Collection Records held by Mercy Family Centre (1896 - )
The records held by Mercy Family Centre include from institutions run by the Sisters of Mercy - Our Lady of Mercy Home and the Waitara Foundling Home. The collection includes:
- Admission forms and case notes of birth mothers (1962 - 1975)
- Alphabetical index of birth mothers (1948 - 1975)
- Card index of babies and children admitted (1921 - 1975)
- Children's case files (1966 - 1974)
- Register of admission and discharges of children in care (1938 - 1966)
- Register of admissions and discharges (1896 - 1921)
- Register of adopting parents (1921 - 1974)
- Sister Patrick's work books (1948 - 1962)
- Statements of surrender and adoption (1921 - 1939)
North Sydney Sisters of Mercy
Mercy Family Centre Ltd.
PO Box 2118, Hornsby, NSW 2077
Phone: (02) 9487 3022
Fax: (02) 9489 6543
Archival Records held by
Includes Archival Series
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 31 August 2011, Last modified: 4 July 2012