1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find & Connect resources
Organisation Jellicoe Street Family Group Home (1967 - 1994)
- Care Provider, Family Group Home and Presbyterian
[Taken from the Queensland guide, Missing Pieces (2001), p. 56]
The Jellicoe Street Family Group Home, 76 Jellicoe Street, Toowoomba, was operated by the Presbyterian Church. It was opened and licensed under the Children's Services Act 1965 in April 1967. It closed in December 1999.
The Presbyterian Church of Queensland has advised that there are very few surviving records. There is no information on any of the family group homes from the time prior to the creation of the Uniting Church in 1977. After that time, some records exist:
- registration forms
- Children's services/Family Services admission forms
- some information of children referred there (their background, some medical information, list of movements).
To access this information Contact
Reverend Ron Clark
Presbyterian Church of Queensland
PO Box 1508
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
- January 1978 - 1 January 1985
- Jellicoe Street Family Group Home was situated at 76 Jellicoe Street, Toowoomba. Location: Toowoomba
- Department of Families, 'p.56', Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001, http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/resources/childsafety/foster-care/missing-pieces.pdf. Details
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, 'p.56', Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001, http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/resources/childsafety/foster-care/missing-pieces.pdf.
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 14 June 2011, Last modified: 9 December 2012