Browse Categories - Y
List of Categories
- Youth Training Centre
- Youth Training Centre is a term adopted from the 1950s onwards in place of 'reformatory' or 'training institution' to describe residential institutions designed for children and young people considered to require stronger discipline that those directed to other forms of 'care'. In some cases, children placed in Youth Training Centres were on remand, or had been convicted of a criminal offence. Sometimes, these institutions were also known as Juvenile Detention or Juvenile Justice Centres. At times, young people have been accommodated in adult prisons.
- Quamby Youth Detention Centre (1962 - 2008)
- Youth Welfare Service
- The term Youth Welfare Service refers to an organisation providing a range of support services to young people, particularly teenagers, sometimes including short term hostel placements and life skills training.
- Anglicare NSW South, NSW West & ACT (c. 2012 - )
- Anglicare, Canberra and Goulburn (2006 - c. 2012)
- Marlow Cottage (1976 - )
- Outreach House (1976 - )