1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Look for Similar
Other Find & Connect resources
Organisation St Luke's Anglicare (1979 - )
- Adoption Agency, Anglican, Care Provider, Community Service Organisation, Home, Protestant and Records Service
- Alternative Names
- St Luke's
- St Luke's Family Care (1979 - 1999)
St Luke's Anglicare was established in 1979 by the Anglican Diocese of Bendigo with the support and cooperation of the Uniting Church. St Luke's came into being as a result of the decision to close St Luke's Toddlers' Home, which had been operating in Bendigo since 1932.
St Luke's Anglicare works in regional Victoria and into the Riverina area of New South Wales. St Luke's has offices in Bendigo as well as Albury, Castlemaine, Deniliquin, Echuca, Kyneton, Maryborough and Swan Hill.
St Luke's Anglicare, through its Child Youth and Family Services divisions, delivers out-of home care services including foster care, Adolescent Community Placement (ACP), Intensive Case Management Service (ICMS), residential care, permanent care and adoption and caregiver recruitment and support services.
In 1979, St Luke's began under the name St Luke's Family Care. In July 1999, the agency was incorporated as St Luke's Anglicare.
- 1979 -
- St Luke's Family Care is situated in Bendigo. Location: Bendigo
- St Luke's commences its foster care service
- In July St Luke's opens a family group home in Neale Street, Bendigo. Location: Bendigo
- In September St Luke's opens Oman House in Williamson Street, Bendigo (youth hostel accommodation). Location: Bendigo
- St Luke's commences its Supported Accommodation Assistance program. Location: Bendigo
- St Luke's launches its new service in Castlemaine. Location: Castlemaine
- St Luke's opens its first southern office in Woodend Community Centre, providing child and family service. Location: Woodend
- St Luke's opens its first Kyneton office. Location: Kyneton
- St Luke's opens offices in Mildura and Swan Hill as a result of Strengthening Families Program. Location: Mildura
- January 1999
- St Luke's introduces an Adolescent Community Placement program
- St Luke's Anglicare is incorporated in July 1999
- Westate Community Development's Adoption and Permanent Care program merges with St Luke's
Sources used to compile this entry: Holton, John, Doorways: celebrating 25 years of St Luke's, St Luke's Innovative Resources, Bendigo, 2004.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 5 February 2009, Last modified: 14 March 2013