1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find & Connect resources
Publications Details Resource Section
- An Index to the Chief Protector of Aborigines Files, 1898 -1908
At the time this Index was created in 1998, the agency known as the Public Records Office of Western Australia (now the State Records Office) listed a broad range of files 'relating to the welfare' of Aboriginal people and the general administration of the Aborigines Act 1897 (and later 1905).
Subjects in this index include the admission of Aboriginal children to missions, the distribution of government rations to the old and infirm, and criminal investigations and court cases concerning Aboriginal people.
- Chief Protector of Aborigines (1), Colony of Western Australia (1897 - 1901)
- Chief Protector of Aborigines (2), State of Western Australia (1901 - 1936)
- Protector of Aborigines (1832 - 1954)
- Aborigines Department, State of Western Australia (1898 - 1908)
- Aborigines Protection Board, State of Western Australia (1886 - 1898)
- Moore River Native Settlement (1918 - 1951)
- 'Aboriginal Records', in Archive Collection of Western Australia, State Records Office of Western Australia, 2012, http://www.sro.wa.gov.au/collection/aboriginal-records. Details