1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find & Connect resources
Publications Details Resource
- Good British Stock: Child and Youth Migration to Australia
- Type of Work
- Finding Aid
- National Archives of Australia, 1999
This guide gives information about Australia's immigration policy and child and youth migration to Australia, including information about relevant archival records in Australia and overseas, especially Britain and Malta.
You can read this guide online; it has links to records on the National Archives website. See Chapter 3 for these records and Appendix 4 for records held elsewhere.
This guide is useful but it is not the only source of information. Please discuss your search with staff from the National Archives of Australia (there is a link under 'organisations' below).
- Overseas Children Scheme - Record of custodians and children (Western Australia), National Archives of Australia (1940 - 1943)
- St. Josephs Orphanage and St. Vincents Foundling Home, Leederville, Western Australia, National Archives of Australia (1948 - 1951)
- Books of duplicate naturalization certificates, 'EA'[Children(special cases)]series, National Archives of Australia (1949 - 1958)
- Child migration selection documents - British children, form L.E.M. 3 (medical examination forms attached), lexicographical series, National Archives of Australia (1946 - 1960)
- Bindoon (1936 - 1966)
- Castledare (1929 - 1983)
- Clontarf (1901 - 1983)
- Fairbridge Farm School Pinjarra (1913 - 1981)
- National Archives of Australia (1983 - )
- Nazareth House (1941 - 1977?)
- Perth Girls' Orphanage (1868 - 1942)
- St Joseph's Girls' Orphanage (1901 - 1971)
- St Vincent's Foundling Home (1914 - 1971)
- Swan Homes (1943 - 1959)
- Child migration to Australia - Fact sheet 124, National Archives of Australia, http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs124.aspx. Details
- Coldrey, Barry, 'Submission No. 40 Inquiry into Children in Institutional Care: Submissions', in Inquiry into Children in Institutional Care - Submissions received by the committee as at 17/3/05, Senate Community Affairs Committee, Commonwealth of Australia, 19 April 2003, http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate_Committees?url=clac_ctte/completed_inquiries/2004-07/inst_care/submissions/sublist.htm. Details