1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Other Find & Connect resources
Publications Details Newspaper Article
- Steps to Improve Lot of Natives in W.A.
- The West Australian
- 21 June 1949, p. 8
This article, from The West Australian in 1949 reports on the proposed amendments to the Native Administration Act (1936) WA. The article gives some background into the 1947 'native affairs survey' and the implementation of recommendations from that inquiry.
Please note that this page reproduces the original language used in the historical sources drawn upon to compile this entry. This language includes offensive and derogatory terms which are today considered unacceptable. We apologise for any offence caused by such language.
- Royal Commission to Enquire into and Report Upon [inter alia] the Administration of the Aborigines Department and the Condition of the Natives, State of Western Australia (1904? - 1905)
- Royal Commission to Investigate, Report and Advise upon Matters in Relation to the Condition and Treatment of Aborigines 1935, State of Western Australia (1934? - 1935)
- Survey of Native Affairs 1947, State of Western Australia (1947 - 1948)
- Native Administration Act 1936, State of Western Australia
- Native Administration Amendment Act 1941, State of Western Australia