1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Look for Similar
Other Find & Connect resources
Legislation Aborigines Act 1889
Crown Colony of Western Australia
[Taken from the To Remove and Protect website:]
The Aborigines Act 1889, amended the Aborigines Protection Act 1886 to allow Crown lands to be reserved and set aside 'for the use and benefit of the Aboriginal inhabitants' and vested existing 'Native Reserves' in the Aborigines Protection Board. The Aborigines Act 1889 was repealed by the Aborigines Act 1905.
- Aborigines Act 1889 (WA), 1889. Also available at http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/wa/legislation.html. Details
- 'Aboriginal Records', in Archive Collection of Western Australia, State Records Office of Western Australia, 2012, http://www.sro.wa.gov.au/collection/aboriginal-records. Details
- To Remove and Protect: Aboriginal Lives Under Control [website], 2010, http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/index.html. Details
- AustLII [website], 2011, http://www.austlii.edu.au. Details
- Tilbrook, Lois, Nyungar Tradition : glimpses of Aborigines of south-western Australia 1829-1914, Online version published by the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies in 2007, University of Western Australia Press, 1983, http://archive.aiatsis.gov.au/terms5.html?http://archive.aiatsis.gov.au/m0022954.pdf. Details
- State Law Publisher: Official Publisher of Western Australian Legislation and Statutory Information, 1997, http://www.slp.wa.gov.au. Details
- Aborigines Act 1889 (WA)
Sources used to compile this entry: To Remove and Protect: Aboriginal Lives Under Control [website], 2010, http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/index.html.
Prepared by: Leanne Howard
Created: 28 June 2011, Last modified: 8 March 2012