1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Look for Similar
Other Find & Connect resources
Legislation Aborigines Act Amendment Act 1911
State of Western Australia
[Taken from the To Remove and Protect website:]
Under the Aborigines Act Amendment Act 1911, the Chief Protector was made the legal guardian of all illegitimate 'half-caste' children 'to the exclusion of the rights of a mother of an illegitimate half-caste child.' Aboriginal institutions exercised the same powers as State institutions in respect of State children. The Aborigines Act Amendment Act 1911 was repealed by the Native Welfare Act 1963.
1911 Aborigines Act Amendment Act 1911
1963 Native Welfare Act 1963
1972 Aboriginal Affairs Planning Authority Act 1972
- Aborigines Act Amendment Act 1911 (WA), 1911. Also available at http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/wa/legislation.html. Details
- To Remove and Protect: Aboriginal Lives Under Control [website], 2010, http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/index.html. Details
- AustLII [website], 2011, http://www.austlii.edu.au. Details
- Tilbrook, Lois, Nyungar Tradition : glimpses of Aborigines of south-western Australia 1829-1914, Online version published by the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies in 2007, University of Western Australia Press, 1983, http://archive.aiatsis.gov.au/terms5.html?http://archive.aiatsis.gov.au/m0022954.pdf. Details
- State Law Publisher: Official Publisher of Western Australian Legislation and Statutory Information, 1997, http://www.slp.wa.gov.au. Details
- Aborigines Act Amendment Act 1911 (WA)
Sources used to compile this entry: To Remove and Protect: Aboriginal Lives Under Control [website], 2010, http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/index.html.
Prepared by: Leanne Howard
Created: 28 June 2011, Last modified: 6 October 2011