1800 16 11 09
Want some help?
Does this page need updating?
What to expect when accessing records about you.
Look for Similar
Other Find & Connect resources
Legislation Child Welfare Act Amendment Act 1952
State of Western Australia
[Taken from the To Remove and Protect website:]
The Child Welfare Act Amendment Act 1952, decreed that before declaring a child destitute, the court must be satisfied that all available proceedings have been taken to obtain an order against near relatives for contributions.
The Act is available from the AIATSIS 'To Remove and Protect' website.
See: Western Australia. Child Welfare Act Amendment Act 1952. Available http://www1.aiatsis.gov.au/exhibitions/removeprotect/leg/wa_leg.html; [accessed July 2011].
1874 Industrial Schools Act 1874
1877 Industrial Schools Act 1874 Amendment Act 1877
1882 Industrial Schools Act Amendment Act 1882
1893 Industrial and Reformatory Schools Act 1893
1907 State Children Act 1907
1919 State Children Act Amendment Act 1919
1927 State Children Act Amendment Act 1927
1942 Child Welfare Act Amendment Act 1941
1947 Child Welfare Act 1947
1952 Child Welfare Act Amendment Act 1952
- Child Welfare Act Amendment Act 1952 (WA), 1952. Also available at http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_7225_homepage.html. Details
- To Remove and Protect: Aboriginal Lives Under Control [website], 2010, http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/index.html. Details
- AustLII [website], 2011, http://www.austlii.edu.au. Details
- Foster, Darren J, 'Submission No. 347 Inquiry into Children in Institutional Care: Submissions', in Inquiry into Children in Institutional Care - Submissions received by the committee as at 17/3/05, Senate Community Affairs Committee, Commonwealth of Australia, 3 April 2004, http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate_Committees?url=clac_ctte/completed_inquiries/2004-07/inst_care/submissions/sublist.htm. The amendments broadened the definition of 'neglect' and more children were brought into care as a result, according to Foster in Submission No. 347 to the Inquiry into Children in Institutional Care. Details
- State Law Publisher: Official Publisher of Western Australian Legislation and Statutory Information, 1997, http://www.slp.wa.gov.au. Details
- Child Welfare Act Amendment Act 1952 (WA)
Sources used to compile this entry: To Remove and Protect: Aboriginal Lives Under Control [website], 2010, http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/exhibitions/remove/index.html.
Prepared by: Leanne Howard
Created: 18 July 2011, Last modified: 6 October 2011