Airlie closed in 1941, as Burnside was evacuated for the duration of the war. When the children returned in 1945 it became a toddlers' centre, and in 1946 was a preschool. Artist Pixie O'Halloran painted murals for kindergarten children on its walls in 1949. In 1971 the kindergarten was opened to the general public. From 1977 it has been operated by the Kindergarten Union (KU).
09 January 2019
Cite this: https://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/nsw/NE00258
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License