Resurrection House was situated at 6 Aberfeldie Street, Essendon. It was run by the Sisters of the Resurrection, a Polish order of Catholic nuns. The institution was originally intended to accommodate Polish migrants.
Jenkinson writes that from time to time, Resurrection House received wards. In October 1957, Resurrection House was declared as an approved children's home under the Children's Welfare Act 1954.
In 1971, the Sisters advised the Department that Resurrection House would be terminating its function as an approved children's home.
10 August 2021
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/vic/E000358
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License