St Gerard's Hospital was a maternity hospital for 'unmarried women' run by the Sisters of Mercy. St Gerard's opened in 1944 and closed in 1971 or 1972. The building that was St Gerard's was refurbished as a group home called 'Davis House', which was part of the Catherine McAuley Family Centre.
The Foundation Stone for St Gerard's was laid in 1938 but a heritage study has found that the hospital was not opened until 1944.
1944 - 1944
Location - St Gerard's Hospital, a maternity hospital run by the Sisters of Mercy, opened on the site of the St Vincent's Foundling Home in Subiaco
We do not currently have any records linked to this organisation, but records may exist.
The Find & Connect Support Service can help people who lived in orphanages and children's institutions look for their records.