The Holy Family Children's Home was established at Marayong in Sydney's west in 1956 by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth. It cared for boys and girls, usually migrant children from Poland or Malta. The Holy Family Children's Home closed in 1985.
In 2013 the site of the former Holy Family Children's Home is occupied by a child care centre.
Sources used to compile this entry: Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, https://insideblog.nma.gov.au/2011/02/11/connecting-kin/.
Prepared by: Melissa Downing
Created: 8 March 2011, Last modified: 25 October 2017