St John's Home, Goulburn was established in Clinton Street, Goulburn New South Wales in 1905, and moved to Mundy Street in 1907. It cared for boys aged 5 to 16 years.
In 1976 it took in girls from St Joseph's Orphanage in Goulburn. It remained on site until 1978, when it was closed and the remaining residents were placed in group homes.
1905 - 1978 St John's Home, Goulburn
1976 - 1987 St John's Home, Auburn Street Goulburn
Sources used to compile this entry: 'The St John's Orphanage for Boys Memorial Website was created to collect stories and connect former residents.', St John's Orphanage for Boys Memorial Website, 2012, http://www.stjohnsgoulburn.org/; McCowen, Sharyn, 'Website memories of orphanage life', Catholic Weekly, 9 September 2012, http://web.archive.org/web/20140408140401/http://www.catholicweekly.com.au/article.php?classID=1&subclassID=2&articleID=10683&class=Latest%20News&subclass=CW%20National; Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://nma.gov.au/blogs/inside/files/2011/02/connectkin_guide1.pdf.
Prepared by: Melissa Downing and Naomi Parry
Created: 8 March 2011, Last modified: 29 September 2014