St Patrick's Orphanage, run by the Sisters of Mercy, was located at the end of O'Connor Road, Armidale from 1919 until 1983. When it closed the remaining children were moved to two cottages in Armidale which were known as St Patrick's Homes.
1919 - 1983 St Patrick's Orphanage
1976 - 1984 St Patrick's Homes
Sources used to compile this entry: Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://nma.gov.au/blogs/inside/files/2011/02/connectkin_guide1.pdf.
Prepared by: Melissa Downing and Naomi Parry
Created: 8 March 2011, Last modified: 18 May 2014