The Sisters of Mercy Archives are located in North Sydney and were established in 1865 at the same time as the North Sydney Congregation of the Sisters of Mercy. These Archives previously held the records of children's Homes run by the Sisters of Mercy. Photos from St Catherine's and Waitara Homes are kept at North Sydney and may be searched by ex-residents by appointment.
Sources used to compile this entry: Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://nma.gov.au/blogs/inside/files/2011/02/connectkin_guide1.pdf; Email correspondence with the North Sydney Sisters of Mercy Archives.
Prepared by: Melissa Downing and Naomi Parry
Created: 8 March 2011, Last modified: 10 April 2017