St Anne's Home was established in 1898 at Broken Hill and operated by the
Sisters of Mercy Wilcannia-Forbes Congregation. In 1941 the Daughters of our Lady of Compassion (Sisters of Compassion) took over the home and it became known as St Anne's Home of Compassion.
St Anne's Home was established at the request of Rev. T.M. Fox, Bishop of Wilcannia-Forbes.
1898 - 1941 St Anne's Home
1941 - 1984 St Anne's Home of Compassion
Sources used to compile this entry: Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://nma.gov.au/blogs/inside/files/2011/02/connectkin_guide1.pdf.
Prepared by: Melissa Downing and Naomi Parry
Created: 8 March 2011, Last modified: 30 August 2013