Son of the Rock was opened as part of the Burnside Presbyterian Orphan Homes in April 1920 at North Parramatta. Son of the Rock, along with the other Burnside Presbyterian Orphan Homes for Children, was evacuated during World War II. It remained a cottage home until 1979.
Sources used to compile this entry: Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, https://clan.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/connectkin_guide.pdf.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 17 March 2011, Last modified: 9 January 2019