The Archives of the Dominican Sisters of Eastern Australia are located at Strathfield.
The Archives contain records, generated by the general administrative body of the Dominican Sisters, the Sisters themselves, and the ministries of the Sisters since 1867. They take the form of papers, photographs, slides, films, videos, DVDs, legal documents, plans, maps and artefacts. There is also a large collection of digitised photographs.
There are limited records, in the form of enrolment registers, annals and some photos, for St Mary's Maitland, Star of the Sea Newcastle, St Mary's Elm Court, Moss Vale, All Hallows College Bathurst, St Dominic's Priory Tamworth, School for Deaf Girls Waratah, St Mary's Delgany School for the Deaf Portsea, St Lucy's School Homebush and schools which no longer exist.
Limited research facilities are available by appointment, at the discretion of the archivist. There is no general access to the stacks, and generally no lending service, but materials can be sighted and sometimes photocopied.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 16 May 2013, Last modified: 19 September 2014