Beverley Park Estate was a disability institution run by the New South Wales Society for Crippled Children. It officially opened in 1938 on a 30 acre property as a holiday and respite home. From the early 1940s Beverley Park was also operating as a children's orthopaedic hospital, and in 1942 a school was opened on the grounds for the residents of Beverley Park. By 1956 it was running long term residential care for severely disabled young people. In 1998 Beverley Park was sold to the NSW Government. The Beverley Park School still operates on this site, and the house that originally provided accommodation at Beverley Park is now the site of Lomandra School.
Sources used to compile this entry: Allen, A., 'Beverley Park', in Campbelltown City Library Local Information Blog, http://campbelltown-library.blogspot.com/2013/01/beverley-park.html; 'Our History', in Northcott, http://web.archive.org/web/20160304071209/https://www.northcott.com.au/our-history.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry & Constance Thurley-Hart
Created: 26 July 2013, Last modified: 19 November 2018