St Anne's was a 10-bed maternity hospital for unmarried mothers. It was established by the Society of St Vincent de Paul at St Anthony's Croydon in 1944, in a cottage beside the Kelly Wing. It was converted to a nursery in 1952.
Sources used to compile this entry: A history of St Anthony's Home Croydon, with Sister Kathleen Burford, July 1989, http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Community_Affairs/Completed_inquiries/2010-13/commcontribformerforcedadoption/submissions.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 2 August 2013