St Joseph's Cottages were established by the Sisters of St Joseph as cottage care for children who were being prepared for foster care by St Anthony's Home Croydon and Centacare social workers. There were three cottages, with Sisters of St Joseph serving as house mothers. In 2003 St Anthony's and St Joseph's Centre of Care, as the organisation was then known, stopped providing residential and foster care, although it did provide a range of early intervention and family support programmes.
In 2004 the organisation changed its name to St Anthony's Family Care.
1922 - 1925 St Anthony's Petersham
1925 - 1980 St Anthony's Home Croydon
1925 - 1981 St Joseph's Home for Children, Croydon
1980 - 2003 St Joseph's Cottages
Sources used to compile this entry: A history of St Anthony's Home Croydon, with Sister Kathleen Burford, July 1989, http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Community_Affairs/Completed_inquiries/2010-13/commcontribformerforcedadoption/submissions.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 2 August 2013, Last modified: 3 October 2018