The Rescued Sisters' Home was opened at North Broken Hill by the Salvation Army in 1898. It was a rescue and maternity home for women and girls and operated in Chapple Street from 1898 until 1909 and then moved to Williams Street until 1917, when the home closed.
Sources used to compile this entry: The Salvation Army Australia Eastern Territory, 'Submission 46: EASTERN TERRITORY SOCIAL CENTRES: A list of openings, closings, and function', in Inquiry into Children in Institutional Care - Submissions received by the committee as at 17/3/05, Senate Community Affairs Committee, Commonwealth of Australia, June 2003, http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Community_Affairs/Completed_inquiries/2004-07/inst_care/submissions/sublist.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 7 August 2013, Last modified: 28 November 2013