The Christ Church St Laurence Welfare Bureau ran after-care clinics and employment schemes to assist boys who had been through criminal hearings in the Children's Court but were discharged. It was part of Christ Church St Laurence, an Anglo-Catholic (Anglican) Church based in Haymarket. It is thought to have operated between 1936 and around 1941.
Sources used to compile this entry: Curthoys, Patricia, '"problem children" of this community': Christ Church St Laurence and the Children's Court, Sydney, 1936-1941, Sydney Journal, vol. 4, UTSePress, 2013, 86-98 pp, http://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/journals/index.php/sydney_journal/article/view/2788/3802.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 13 December 2013, Last modified: 10 March 2014