Alexandra Cottage was a family group home situated at 50 Lorward Street, Bardon. It opened in September 1960, and was run by the Methodist Church until 1977, when the Uniting Church took over the running of the Home. Alexandra Cottage closed in 1993.
1910 - 1960 Queen Alexandra Home for Children
1960 - 1993 Alexandra Cottage
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.30..
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 1 February 2011, Last modified: 3 August 2017