The Industrial School for Girls, in Nudgee, was operated by the Order of the Sisters of Mercy. It was co-located with St Vincent's Home for Children. No girls were placed there after 1942.
The Industrial School for Girls, Nudgee was established and licensed in 1903 under the lndustrial and Reformatory Schools Act 1865 and later under the State Children Act 1911 on 31 December 1911.
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.54..
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 14 June 2011, Last modified: 10 June 2014