Morris House, in Taringa, was operated by the Anglican Society of St Francis and the Anglican Church Men's Society. It was licensed 11 March 1975 and closed 30 November 1983.
The Diocese of Brisbane (Anglican Church of Australia) has advised that they do not have any records in relation to Morris House, Taringa. The Anglican Archives does however, hold general information on the Home.
Sources used to compile this entry: Boyce, James, For the Record: Background information on the work of the Anglican Church with Aboriginal Children and Directory of Anglican Agencies providing residential care to children from 1830 to 1980, Anglicare Australia, Melbourne, 2003, 46 pp. p.29.; Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.65..
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 22 June 2011, Last modified: 11 June 2014