Tainton Cottage Family Group Home, in Wynnum North was situated behind the Magaret Marr Home, adjacent to Lewis Cottage Family Group Home. The Methodist Church established it in 1967. Management was transferred to the Uniting Church on 22 June 1977. Tainton Cottage Family Group Home closed in 1985.
Tainton Cottage Family Group Home officially opened 14 October 1967 and was licensed 7 December 1967.
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.86.; Methodist Church of Australasia. Queensland Conference. Division of Child & Family Welfare, Golden jubilee souvenir booklet : Margaret Marr Memorial Home for Boys, 1924-1974, Methodist Division of Child & Family Welfare, Nundah, 1974, 16 pp.
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 23 June 2011, Last modified: 3 August 2017