The Tufnell Toddlers' Home, in Nundah, was operated by the Corporation of the Synod of the Diocese of Brisbane. It was co-located with Tufnell Home and housed children up to the age of five. The Toddlers' Home opened 14 September 1947 and closed around 1975.
The Tufnell Toddlers' Home was licensed as a separate institution under the State Children Act in April 1965, then licensed under the Children's Services Act 4 August 1966.
Please note that the records of the Tufnell Toddlers' Home are combined with the Tufnell Children's Home records.
Sources used to compile this entry: Boyce, James, For the Record: Background information on the work of the Anglican Church with Aboriginal Children and Directory of Anglican Agencies providing residential care to children from 1830 to 1980, Anglicare Australia, Melbourne, 2003, 46 pp. p.30.; Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.91..
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 28 June 2011, Last modified: 19 October 2018