The Sandeman Nursery at Wynnum operated in conjunction with St Mary's Home. It opened in 1897 and was run by the Anglican Society of the Sacred Advent. It accommodated babies born to women at St Mary's, who were awaiting adoption or transfer to the Good Shepherd Home at Nundah. Sandeman Nursery closed in 1898 and the children were transferred to St Mary's at Taringa.
Sources used to compile this entry: 'Sandeman Nursery', Queenslander, 29 May 1897, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article24466439; Harrison, Jennifer and Greaves, Barry, The Brisbane Anglican companion: a dictionary of the Diocese of Brisbane 1859-2009., The Corporation of the Synod of the Diocese of Brisbane, Brisbane, 2008, 179 pp.
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 19 July 2012, Last modified: 28 November 2014