Reformatory School for Boys, Hulk 'Proserpine' to Westbrook Youth Centre
The History Papers, Series ID 1223, consist of papers relating to the history of Westbrook Youth Centre from its establishment as a Reformatory School for Boys on the Hulk 'Proserpine' in 1871 to 1992, when it operated under the name Westbrook Youth Centre.
Access to some of these records is restricted to protect personal privacy.
Much of the material for the series History Papers has been collected and compiled by Kevin Ritter, author of History of Westbrook Youth Centre: 1900 - 1992. The papers include timelines, working notes, newspaper clippings, photographs and general files relating to staff.
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 15 March 2013, Last modified: 3 December 2014