The Toowoomba Mental Hospital, in North Toowoomba, was opened in 1953. It was a government-run residential facility for the mentally ill and was previously known as Willowburn Mental Asylum. On 27 August 1968 the name changed to Baillie Henderson Hospital.
Sources used to compile this entry: Thomson, Rev Eileen, Baillie Henderson Hospital: A Century of Care 1890 - 1990, Baillie Henderson Mental Hospital Museum, 1990, http://bailliemuseum.wikidot.com/the-centenary.
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 5 July 2013, Last modified: 19 October 2018