Some people may find content on this website distressing. Read more
Queensland - Photos Details
Home of the Good Shepherd, Mitchelton, Brisbane, 1931, 17 December 1931, courtesy of Picture Queensland, John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland.
- Home of the Good Shepherd, Mitchelton, Brisbane, 1931
This description was supplied with the photograph and included on the library website: Initially set up in 1930 by the nuns of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd, the Good Shepherd Institution focused on the reformation of girls and the care of poor, neglected children. The home stood on a commanding hill in an area of 87 acres. An extensive laundry was operated by the "inmates". The building was dedicated by Archbishop Duhig on Sunday last.
- 17 December 1931
- Archival reference
John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland Image number: 201373
- Picture Queensland, John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland
- This image is out of copyright. You are free to use this image without permission. Please attribute State Library of Queensland.
- External Url