Savio College, run by the Salesians of Don Bosco, replaced Boys' Town in 1956. It was in New Town. Boys' Town had been a Catholic Home and school, that received child migrants from Britain. Two of the migrants remained at Savio with the last one leaving in 1959. Savio also accepted wards of state. In 1973, it amalgamated with other Catholic schools in the area to form Dominic College.
Savio College was in Glenorchy. All of the Schools that it merged with in 1973 were in the Glenorchy area.
1945 - 1956 Boys' Town
1956 - 1973 Savio College
1973 - Dominic College
Prepared by: Caroline Evans
Created: 9 November 2012, Last modified: 12 June 2014