St. John Bosco Boys Town - Glenorchy - Tasmania, a record created by the Department of Immigration, dates from 1948 to 1950. It concerns the British government's initial refusal to approve Boys' Town for child migrants from the United Kingdom.
Sources used to compile this entry: Piggott, Michael, Commionwealth government records about Tasmania: research guide, Commonwealth of Australia (National Archives of Australia), 2013.
Prepared by: Caroline Evans
Created: 19 May 2014, Last modified: 26 November 2020