'Glastonbury at Colac' was established in 1977 when Glastonbury Children's Home in Geelong purchased St Cuthbert's Children's Home. It operated three family group homes on the site.
The Geelong-based organisation Glastonbury Children's Home had a longstanding concern for children in Victoria's Western District. Glastonbury purchased St Cuthbert's Children's Home in Colac when it closed in 1977.
Glastonbury decided to demolish the main building 'Cooraminta', and to subdivide the land, selling one of the brick veneer houses on the property. The three other family group homes previously operated by St Cuthbert's were kept and taken over by Glastonbury Children's Home, and known as 'Glastonbury at Colac'.
1948 - 1977 St Cuthbert's Home for Boys
1977 - 1984? Glastonbury at Colac
Sources used to compile this entry: Jaggs, Donella, Advancing This Good Work: a history of Glastonbury Child & Family Services, Jaggs, Catherine, Glastonbury Child and Family Services, Belmont, Victoria, 1988, 80 pp.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 20 August 2009, Last modified: 30 October 2018