The Pakenham Girls' Reformatory opened in 1897 when the girls from the Brunswick Girls' Home were transferred to Pakenham. The Reformatory moved to Riddell's Creek in 1900.
A sub-reformatory was established at Heidelberg and then moved to Murrumbeena in 1899.
Sources used to compile this entry: Department for Neglected Children and Reformatory Schools. Report of the Secretary., Government Printer, Melbourne, 1888 - 1924.
Prepared by: Rosemary Francis
Created: 25 July 2013, Last modified: 9 January 2014