Catholic Women's Social Guild was established in October 1916 in Victoria. One of the aims of the Catholic Women's Social Guild was to improve the lives of women and children so it established Santa Casa in Queenscliff for children of poor parents in delicate health. The guild fundraised for Santa Casa while the Sisters of Mercy ran the Home. The Catholic Women's Social Guild became known as the Catholic Women's League in 1970.
Sources used to compile this entry: 'Catholic Women's League Victoria/ Wagga Wagga (1916 - )', in The Australian Women's Register, The Australian Women's Register, 16 September 2013, http://www.womenaustralia.info/biogs/AWE0629b.htm.
Prepared by: Nicola Laurent
Created: 2 September 2015, Last modified: 8 September 2015