Some people may find content on this website distressing. Read more
Western Australia - Publications Details
- Goulding, D., Creagh, H. and Jenkins, T.
- The Barefoot Boys of Werribee: the untold story of the Methodist Home for Children, by those who were there
- Uniting Church in Australia, Western Australia, 2009
The Barefoot Boys of Werribee brings together memories of the boys and staff who lived and worked at the Methodist Boys' Home at Werribee from 1929 to 1962. Werribee was a 'farm school' located in the hills east of Perth between Woorooloo and Wundowie. This paperback book includes information from newspapers and records held in the Battye Library. People from nearby farms also talk about their memories of Werribee and the boys. The book has a lot of photos and memories of farm work and day-to-day life at Werribee.
- Libraries Australia Catalogue Entry
- The Barefoot Boys of Werribee
- The Werribee Song
- 1937? - 1945?